We are a ‘one stop shop’ to provide free energy and low carbon services to small and medium sized enterprises located in the Greater Lincolnshire area. We can help your business to become more energy efficient; helping you to reduce the cost of your energy bills.
We offer a wide range of support:
- Free advice and support
- Onsite audits, including an energy saving report
- Energy saving workshops
- Networking opportunities
- Dedicated support via phone and email
To help your business become more energy efficient, some of the following changes could be made depending on what we recommended:
- Installation of a new boiler
- LED lights
- Heating management systems and controls
- High efficiency pumps and hydraulic balancing
- Thermostatic radiator valves
- Pipe and hot water tank insulation
- Radiant (infra-red) heating panels
- Timer switches
- Eco appliances, such as energy efficient kettles
- Solar PV
This is just a small selection, the list goes on! Get in touch today to find out more.
We offer two different types of funding, but you can only be eligible for one.
For small energy projects e.g. changing to LED lights, we can offer a £500 voucher to help cover the cost. An attendance to an energy saving workshop is required, including 12 hours of engagement with the programme.
Businesses who are looking to invest in a larger energy saving project can still apply for a 38% grant through the programme, but applications will be considered on a case by case basis due to limited funding and time constraints.
If the project is under £25,000, you are only required as a minimum to get one quote from your preferred supplier.
To apply your business must:
- Be a small to medium enterprise located in the Greater Lincolnshire area.
- Employ less than 250 people.
- Have a turnover of less than €50 million.
- Be willing to be financially checked
- To have not had state aid over the amount of €200,000
What’s the application process?
We have created a small document that outlines the overall process and steps you will take in order to receive support. Please read the following before applying: Process Document (PDF 148KB)
As part of any grant application to SEGL you will need to let us know the supplier that will be implementing your energy efficiency project. Whilst you are free to choose your own supplier, you will need to ensure you follow the required procurement process as set out by the programme funder, the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). The SEGL team can provide more information on what process you need to follow depending on the size and nature of your project.
Please note SEGL has no links with any suppliers of energy efficiency solutions and does not utilise any kind of preferred supplier list. If a potential supplier advises you that they are part of, or working with or on behalf of SEGL please notify the programme team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please read the below documents:
Draft Voucher Agreement (PDF 264 KB)
Guidance for Terms and Conditions (PDF 299KB)
FAQ (PDF 137KB)
FAQ for £500 voucher (PDF 170 KB)
Feedback Policy (PDF 177KB)
We are delighted to confirm that the programme funders have agreed to a six-month extension. This will give potential beneficiaries a little longer to apply for grant funding and benefit from technical support to improve the energy efficiency of your business.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- All projects must be completed by 25th August 2021.
- 38% funding applications will continue to be considered on a case-by-case basis, whilst funding remains available*
- We are still providing online workshops, fully funded energy audits and other 1 to 1 expert advice.
*Minimum project size for grant funding is £2,632, though smaller projects can apply for a £500 grant upon completion of 12 hours of Smart Energy support (usually via an energy audit and a workshop)
The process is simple and we will offer you support every step of the way. The video is a quick summary of the steps that need to be taken once you have been offered a grant. For more information get in touch with a friendly member of the team today.
Don’t just take our word for it! Why not check out some of the fantastic businesses and public buildings that we have helped to save money and energy.